Get to know Amanda and Jennie:
1. What are you currently reading?
A: "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life andBusiness." I'm not very far yet, but so far it's a really interesting look at habits - how they are formed, changed, and examples of how using knowledge of habits has influenced things like marketing campaigns and SuperBowl wins.
J: "The Fault In Our Stars." Sarah let me borrow this book. I'm about halfway through the story and am still on the fence if I like it or not, but definitely want to finish the book to then see the movie.
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
A: My mom's Chex Mix! I had to beg to get her secret recipe once I became an "adult," and I look forward to making it as soon as the weather turns cool each year.
J: I love all things Crock-Pot, and am guessing I'll be doing a lot of cooking in mine this winter. I love it for unexpected recipes too, such as this slow cooker apple crisp I tried first last year.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
A: Getting to do it with Jennie! It's been a fun way to keep in touch, and it's been really great having someone to toss ideas around with - both blog and purchase related- and seeing how both of our styles have grown over the past 2.5 years.
J: Definitely keeping my friendship going with Amanda, and as well as creating more friendships! Thanks to Amanda and other women I met in the blogger community, I always feel like I have someone to ask about as simple as "Should I buy this dress?" or for advice on bigger things.
4. Five things on your wish list?
- Those fancy gripper toe socks everyone has in barre classes
- A little black bag perfect for weekends (the Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Affair bag?)
- L.L. Bean boots for the winter
- The Kate Spade Taurus charm bracelet
- A nice, leather duffel bag that meets airline carry-on measurements
- A black side sling purse for jaunts around the city
- An ear cuff
- A pair of "shorties"
- A fedora that Amanda always makes look so good
- A trip to see my parents' new house in Florida
5. Favorite quote?
A: "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls." (Audrey Hepburn). It's always a great reminder for me to do something that makes me happy every day - especially on the bad days.
J: "Things happen that you never expect." My mom said this to me when I was exiting the car in a bad mood one day in high school, and I try to keep it in mind whenever it feels like things aren't going my way. Because maybe it's just the way it's supposed to go.