Get to know Anne:
1. What are you currently reading?
I have just cracked open The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes. I couldn't put her book Me Before You down, so I am really excited about this one too!
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
My favorite recipe is one for Chicken Divan-- it's an old school casserole that my mom made all the time when I was a kid and I have always loved it. I redid the recipe to incorporate real/healthier ingredients and the flavor is even better. It also makes a great Broccoli Divan if you leave out the chicken and double the broccoli!
A favorite restaurant in Chicago is so hard to choose and I definitely go through phases of which ones I like best. Italian food has my heart though and a dinner at Balena is still one of the best I have ever had.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
So many things! I love meeting other bloggers because they are such a fun and interesting group of (mostly) ladies. And having a creative outlet and a place to connect with brands I love and people that love food is just amazing.
4. Five things on your wish list?
- A spiralizer. I'm seeing spiralized veggie recipes on food blogs everywhere and I am dying to get one!
- Jack Rogers Navajo sandals. I've been toying with buying a pair for 2 summers now.
- A statement light fixture for my bedroom. We finally bought a condo and I am totally wrapped up in designing it.
- A Vitamix. It's such a cliche food blogger thing to want... but I still do.
- A Golden Retriever puppy. No joke. We've been talking about getting a puppy forever and now that we own a place, I think it's time.
5. Favorite quote?
“It's a funny thing about life. If you refuse to settle for anything less than the best, that's what it will give you." — W. Somerset Maugham