Get to know Kelli:
1. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading the Harry Potter series and I'm on book six, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". I have never read them before and am thoroughly enjoying them.
2. What's your favorite recipe or restaurant?
My favorite recipe is for Blueberry Glace Pie from an old Dutch Cookbook called Eet Smakelijk. It is made with a homemade crust that is slightly tart because of the tablespoon of vinegar added and the blueberry glace is so delicious (especially when made with Michigan berries). My mom often makes this pie for my family and holds so many special memories for us, not to mention it's darn tasty.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is I feel like I can share my passion with whoever wants to hear it. I love to save money and I love to eat, so blogging about both satisfies my desire to share about my passions.4. Five things on your wish list?
- A Michael Kors Jet Set - Large Sutton purse
- For time to slow down so that I can enjoy my last few weeks of summer before the start of school again
- A rose gold necklace with the roman numerals of my wedding date
- Continued friendships with both old friends and new friends alike
- A European backpacking adventure to the Netherlands, Germany, and Paris with my grandma and mom (first and second generation immigrants from the Netherlands), dad, sister, and husband. Sounds like heaven if you ask me.
5. Favorite quote?
My favorite "quote" comes from Psalm 139:13-14. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."