Get to know Katie & Brittani:
Katie: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I have to say I had no idea about this book until I saw a trailer for the movie that is set to come out sometime in October (starring Ben Afleck so we know it'll be good). There are rumors that the movie will have an alternate ending so I wanted to read the book to compare the two myself, plus I'm a huge sucker for romance thrillers.
Brittani: #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. I had seen a ton of people posting Instagrams of this book and when I realized the CEO of Nasty Gal was the one who wrote it I was intrigued. I wanted to see how this woman got to where she is today. What I've learned about her so far is not what I was expecting at all, but I'm loving it so far!
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
This is a tough one, since us girls love to eat! However, we'd have to say that we eat out more than we cook, which is a curse/blessing of living in a big city that gives us endless options. One of our favorite restaurants since its beginning has been RPM. We love how it's a chic take on modern Italian, while still incorporating family style. If you're ever in their lounge or bar, order a G-rizzle, it's our go-to and with this drink Giuliana Rancic proves she doesn't just know fashion.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
We would have to say it's having a creative outlet and the freedom to put out unique content. We both work/are in law school 5 days a week and having a blog where you can let loose creatively is an awesome sense of relief from everyday life. We also love that it helps people, it's the best feeling to know that we encourage people to go out there and try something new or inspire them to be more confident.
4. Five things on your wish list?
- A versatile trench coat for fall
- A solid pair of red stilettos
- New tires for my car #postchicagowinterprobz
- To have more time with my two nieces, we're headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo next week
- This statement jacket with floral embroidery from ASOS, to die for
- Sophia Webster high heels. I was recently introduced to her shoes and instantly fell in love!
- To spend more time with my boyfriend who currently lives in New York
- A blue or red leather jacket
- A month long trip around Europe. I've been dying to get to Italy, Paris, London and Switzerland (and I'll get there one day)
- Fringed booties, preferably heels #shortgirlprobs
"A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it, it just blooms"