Get to know Jess:
1. What are you currently reading?
#GIRLBOSS. I know, I know, who isn't?! I'm a sucker for the stories of young entrepreneurs who aren't afraid to chase their dreams and tell it like it is. Also, I never miss an issue of Self Magazine, their workouts are killer.
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
I don't do much cooking. I could blame it on our teeny tiny apartment kitchen or the general lack of utensils, but honestly, I just love eating out. One of my favorite places to dine is McCoy's in Westport. Their beer pretzels are to die for and don't even get me started on their warm chocolate chip cookies, served up with a frosty mug of milk. Oh and their Raspberry Wheat Beer (brewed in house!) tastes amazing when sitting on the patio on a sunshine-filled day. Are your mouths watering yet?
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
I would have to say the creative freedom it gives me, hands down. I work full-time as a Marketing Coordinator, but blogging is like a mini escape where there are no rules and I'm free to write, share, and do as I please.
4. Five things on your wish list?
At any given moment you can expect my wish list to be about a mile long. Right now it's about 3 miles long, but I'll keep it short and sweet:
- I'm in desperate need of a wallet. I don't actually have one right now and let me tell ya, it's a nightmare when I get up to the cash register. Just ask my boyfriend, Pete. This Kate Spade number caught my eye - I'll take it in coral, please!
- More vacation time at work. It seems to be dwindling fast, but I'm looking forward to a fun getaway in mid-September.
- That Sonic would bring back their cheesy pretzel dog (aka one of the best things that has ever happened to my palate)
- A new hat to shield my skin from the hot summer sun. My fedora took a swim in the lake over the holiday weekend and that was the end of it. What's your favorite style? I'm lookin' to spice things up!
- For you to come say "hi" over at 26 and Not Counting. We may or may not be celebrating something special!
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo da Vinci