Get to know Jess:
1. What are you currently reading?
I am a huge book over TV gal, but lately I haven't had time to crack a book in months! But my daily digital reads include Clementine Daily, The New Potato, The Glitter Guide and of course, The Everygirl (but I guess I'm a little biased!) I also get girlishly excited when a new Bon Appetit arrives in the mail.
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
That's a tough one. With so many amazing new restaurants Chicago has to offer, it's hard to choose just one! But a recent favorite is Grange Hall Burger Bar in the West Loop. It's my favorite for a casual date night. One of my favorite recipes is Coq Au Riesling, which is posted on my blog awhile back!
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
So many things! But the friends I've made in the blogging community, the creative expression it gives me, and of course - the support from my readers. The best thing is the world is to get a note in my inbox telling me that I've inspired someone. There's not much more fulfilling than that!
4. Five things on your wish list?
- These Birkenstock inspired Sam Edelman Sandals (in white!)
- A Billy Joel record (I'm going to his concert in Wrigley in July and I'm beyond excited!)
- Magenta lipstick
- A new print for my gallery wall from Made By Girl
- This awesome cutting board (I am from the West Coast, after all!)
"Live life in such a way that if a photograph were taken at random, it would be a cool photograph." From the book, One Day by David Nicholls