Get to know Maya:
1. What are you currently reading?
Wild by Cheryl Strayed. To be perfectly honest, I've been reading this book for about 2 months since it's been hard to get time in for reading these days! But I love it so far and only have a few pages left! Next on the list is Eightysixed by Chicago author Emily Belden.
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
I'm not a fabulous cook (although I wish I was!) so if I want a really delicious meal I have to go out. I love brunch at Summer House Santa Monica in Lincoln Park (their fresh squeezed orange juice & banana muffins are my faves) and Floriole for a latte near by!
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
Definitely meeting so many amazing & inspiring people! I've had so many doors and opportunities come out of blogging, and it's been nice to see how many fantastic connections I've made.
4. Five things on your wish list?
I have so many things on my wish list right now! Here are a few rising to the top:
- Hunter Boots (I know, I know, I'm the last person in the world to own a pair)
- A classic Burberry trench
- A Nespresso machine (so I can save myself a few less trips to Floriole!)
- An iPad, for blogging (but mostly Pinterest) purposes
- A fun new summer dress! I'm thinking a floral maxi.
As a former English major, this is the hardest question I could be asked! I would have to go with Rilke's quote:
"Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final."
This quote has become a mantra for putting myself out there, trying new things & knowing that even the worst thing that could happen won't last forever. Sometimes you just need the extra kick in the pants, and this quote has always helped me push myself out of my comfort zone.