Get to know Erin:
1. What are you currently reading?
Vogue September 2013... I'm dead serious. That thing was 2 inches thick and I'm a busy lady so I'm paging through it story by story. I also read a lot of blogs and e-mail newsletters on a daily basis.
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
My favorite dessert is creme brulee and I will order it every chance I can. And, I hate to be evasive, but I love way too many restaurants to pick a favorite. We try new recipes at home all the time and I find cooking to be a lot of fun... and there's always a frozen pizza as back-up in case the experiment goes south.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging introduces me to new people and it feeds my curiosity to explore. I have made incredible connections with bloggers here in Chicago and love getting to know them personally. We all have online personas and it is fun to get a bit behind the scenes! I've always been curious and adventurous and a prolific story teller. Since I've started blogging (Life Guide by Erin in 2008*, Daily E in 2010, and Color Me Styled in 2012) I find that I approach events, pop culture trends, and shopping with a whole new set of questions that are related to blogging and how I can spin these events into posts or stories.
* I recently found this blog again and love to see how far the blogging world has come in just 5 short years! I started it as a marketing class assignment and then I blogged when I moved to California and then hit-or-miss once I moved back to Chicago. While it is awesome to see how things have changed, a lot of my outlooks have stayed the same! I still love DIY projects, the Olympics, and good old fashioned paper.
4. Five things on your wish list
- Joie Mariner Pants
- A Home Office (with that Mac computer and those chairs)
- Anything Monogrammed (bonus if it is in Rose Gold)
- A puppy
- More time for blogging!
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein