I'm thrilled to feature Toe That Line today as one of blogs I'm currently reading. I recently met C.J. at Chicago Blogger Network event and I instantly bookmarked her blog as one of my daily reads. C.J. has a fabulous sense of style and her blog is a personal fashion, shopping and lifestyle blog where she posts about style that toes the line between office-appropriate attire and chic weekend wear. I also love reading Toe That Line for tips on style trends and current sales to achieve the look for less.
Get to know C.J.
1. What are you currently reading?
Since I do a lot of less-than-fun reading for work, I don't spend a lot of time reading for pleasure. I do love a good "beach read" for vacation though. I'm still finishing up my last airport bookstore purchase - Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. It jumps around from Italy in the '60s to modern-day Hollywood with some pretty endearing characters. Makes me smile :)
2. Favorite recipe or restaurant?
Really, any place new! My fiancé and I love trying new spots, especially as the food culture in the city is growing bigger and better every day. We do have our old favorites though. We always love an al fresco lunch at Le Colonial (reminds us of a great trip to Vietnam) and dinner pretty much anywhere on Randolph.
3. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is that it gives me a little bit of hope that there things out there worth working for. I know it sounds pretty cheesy, but sometimes we get so caught up in our education and formal careers, that we forget to go after what we really want. It can get pretty tough to stay up late and get up early to do my "day" job but I don't bat and eye about pouring hours into my latest "Line Items" post or styling a new outfit (or online shopping, obviously). It reminds me that it can still be enjoyable to work hard for something!
4. Five things on your wish list?
My list is way longer than five things! But, topping it off are some classic staples:
- First is a gorgeous pair of jewel-toned Manolo Blahnik suede BB pumps. They'll be perfect for a really pulled together office look and still work great with boyfriend jeans for the weekend.
- I've also been looking to get a new go-to clutch (I lost my favorite on vacation last month). I've got my eye on this envelope-style Balenciaga in a textured black leather.
- Next on my list is a fun, printed dress. I'm loving this one and this one from Anthropologie or this one by Clover Canyon (which, by the way, is a line that I am coveting everything from this fall).
- If you check out my blog, it's no secret that I love pretty much anything leather (real and vegan). I've got my eye on this draped jacket from Asos and this top by French Connection.
- Finally, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair of flat boots for fall. I have a hard time settling, either there's too much heel or it's too biker or too equestrian. I'm thinking I might try this pair from Zara. At under $80, they're not too big of a risk.
5. Favorite quote?
Not sure who originally said this, but it's one of those Pinterest quotes floating around that always seems to get me: "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today." Since I'm a perpetual worrier, this hits pretty deep every time I come across it. It reminds me that I could be wasting very valuable happy time today if I'm too worried about something else, be it yesterday or tomorrow!