Each August my family takes a week to relax and enjoy the end of summer in one of the most magical places on earth (and no it's not Disney World). Northern Michigan is home to some of the best sunsets, sand dunes, lakes and wine that you can't find anywhere else. With a growing list of wineries in the area we love taking an afternoon drive through the beautiful countryside and stopping along the way at some of our favorite wineries.
Here are five of my favorite wines you can find in Northern Michigan:
1. The M. Lawrence Sex Brut Rose is an all time favorite for it's fruity flavor and blush pink color. The name pretty much says it all...
2. 2 Lads not only has a beautiful view from their tasting room but also a killer Pinot Noir. With soft notes of cherries and strawberries this wine has a smooth finish and rich flavor that I love.
3. Peninsula Cellars is located in an old school house so it makes sense to create a wine called Detention. This semi-sweet red wine is easy to enjoy and pairs well with just about any dish.
4. We love visiting Black Star Farms to see the horses and of course taste their amazing wine. I'm a huge fan of the Arcturos Pinot Noir with flavors of dark cherries and plums.
5. Good Harbor Fishtown White is a classic white wine with a dry, crisp finish that's ideal for a summer afternoon sitting by the lake.