After posting this photo on my Facebook wall many of you were asking for the recipe. So as promised the recipe is below. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Adapted from Bakers Royle
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- 1 ¼ cup old fashion oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, browned
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, white chocolate or butterscotch)
- ¾ cup almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Dried cherries or cranberries
- Cinnamon sugar - I sprinkled some of the cookies with a light dusting of cinnamon sugar when I took them out of the oven
- Add old fashion oats, quick oats and flour into a bowl and mix to combine; set aside.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook until butter starts to turn brown and is nutty in aroma. (To minimize the foaming, whisk continuously). Set aside.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg into a bowl and mix to combine. Add in cooled browned butter and mix to combine. Add in baking soda and salt and mix to combine. Then fold in flour and oat mixture until combined. Add any additional items you choose.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.